Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 12: 01/18/12 - The Activity Center

Click on any image to make it larger
Trying to get that bi-weekly laundry done leaves just a little time for the 31 Day Project - but darn it, I'm sticking with it.  Today I thought it would be good to set up an Activity Center.  I want a place to organize the chores for the month, add messages, keep babysitter information, include grocery lists and other details that we might need to remind ourselves about.

We have a dry-erase board that I used for keeping track of the kids chores. Unfortunately that was used for a few weeks and then it became useless. Adding a few lines here and putting important information in permanent pen, we ended up with our new Activity Center.

The bottom of the "Center" was the hardest - creating the chores. I needed to be able to create the chores that everyone can help with - especially since I have a hysterectomy coming up and will need to have all the family help as much as possible.

I cut out pictures of a trash bag, doing dishes, laundry basket, dishwasher, dog food, bed, broom, dirty room, toys and vacuum. I put the pictures on the center and put the names of the kids under each one. There are only 2 weeks listed so far but each week we alternate to the next kid on the list (in birth order). There are 4 weeks on the calendar and this will make it easy to see who needs to do what and on which date.

At the top of the "Center" I included our names and birthdates - just in case of an emergency.  Each of our doctors are listed, along with their phone numbers. I also included the non-emergency Police Department number.

The middle area is for Groceries and things from Target/Costco.  Next to that are any things to do or messages that we have for each other.

Just need to get more dry erase pens and we will be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment