Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4/21: Donation Station Instructions by 365 (Week 4)

Week 4: Create a Donation Station               


Garage sale? Yes or No.
Will you “sell” anything? Yes or No.
Where will you store items to be donated or given away?

As we purge and organize, there are multiple piles you will make EVERY time. So, having a plan with where those piles will go will be immensely helpful for getting the job done and not feeling like you are living IN a garage sale. Speaking of garage sales, are you going to have one.  This time, I am NOT having a garage sale. I don’t have enough stuff and what I do have is not “garage sale stuff.”
SO, yes or no, and where will you store your “treasures” until you are done?
donation staging area
What about clothes? Do you like to resell your clothes?
I usually donate mine, but I have a good stash right now that I think will sell. I have put them right in my trunk to swing by the resale shop. BUT I have some off season clothes as well. Those I have in the front hall closet.

If you are going to “store” your off season clothes to sell – PUT IT IN YOUR CALENDAR.

Trust me. I have done this more than once, holding on to off season clothes year after year because every time I “find” the pile, it’s not the right time again! In the notes section of your calendar, mark down what closet you put those clothes in! I just listened to this podcast about Goodwill. Makes me feel better that I have donated TONS of items there. The Goodwill in our area does an amazing job of supporting teens and adults with special needs!

Having a place to put donatable items right away lets me finish organizing my space and commit to getting rid of “stuff.”  If you are going to take a tax deduction… check out this webpage from Goodwill and take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment