Friday, April 17, 2015

4/17/15: Organizing your Weekly Lunches Instructions by 365 (Week 3)

For the past several days I've been close to death (just being dramatic). I've had this horrible cough and cold and the cough has taken its toll on me. I almost asked my DH to take me to the ER to get some meds on Saturday but the albuterol inhaler seems to help calm my cough and open my airways a little.  The Codeine last night kept me asleep too. However, it kept me on the verge of sleeping all day long.

Still groggy and feeling like BLEEP, I went to work.  Then I realized I hadn't posted the topic for last week - so here it goes.

Organizing your Weekly Lunches

The subject and the subtitles are pretty good. However, the person doing the blog is telling us where has a 7th and 9th grader and they aren't too much into the little kids things. HOWEVER, looking at the photos, why on earth would she be buying Applesauce Squeeze Packs, teething crackers and character thermos'.  Seems odd - or those aren't really her pictures.

Step 1:    Decide what constitutes a good lunch for your family.
Ha! For me, it's a few pieces of salami, some fruit snacks and a Capri Sun. However, my kids have to pack their own lunches. Brayden does the pre-made "Uncrustables" sandwiches while the girls will make their own... salami, turkey, ham, heat left-overs.

Step 2:    Buy a good lunch box.
I spent a bundle at 31 bags and got some lunch bags for each kids. Where they are right now? God only knows.
 



Step 3:    Buy disposable containers and silverware.
We bought disposable containers. That lasted a few weeks. It was the Rubbermaid and the sizes are all just odd. The organization of the container pull-out draw would be perfection if I were the only one to use it. However, my rug rats have completely torn it up and just toss things back when they are emptying the dish washer.
 

Step 4:    Pack lunches at night.
We do NOT pack lunches at night. The kids have a routine when they wake up and I'm so not changing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment