Friday, December 30, 2011

Lazy Days

12/30/11 - Do you ever feel like just sleeping in, never getting out of your jammies, and having someone serve you your meals in bed? I honestly believe that this is what the Mom's should be doing during the Winter break.  If our kids are over 6 years old, what's wrong with having them bring you up a glass of OJ? In fact, this morning my my 9 year old served breakfast up to everyone in the house. That certainly gave me another 1/2 hour in bed.

Today we put away the Christmas decor and took out the tree. I should really say *I* put everything away while my husband sat on the couch and played the very, violent "Halo" with my  girls. Instead of painting her nails, Bella bugs Milenko to shoot Zombies and Aliens. Nah, nothing's wrong with that picture.

By the time I finished washing all the windows downstairs, putting away the 2 loads of dishes, moving the furniture back into it's original position, putting away the last of the Christmas presents, taking down the Christmas lights outside, emptying all the garbages in the house and scrubbing the floors to remove whatever unknown sticky stuff my 4 year old son has ground into the carpet, I sat down with a largest headache in quite a while. As the kids argue over what movie they want to watch on TV and fight about who's leg is touching the other's foot, my headache gets worse. Especially after I hear "Mom, I'm hungry! Can you make dinner now?"


At least the man I married is helpful when it comes to those moments when he knows I won't be moving one muscle. He makes the kids dinner, brings me a few Advil to take away this horrible headache and just as the kids tidy up the downstairs and head to bed, Brayden comes running over to me and throws his arms around me and whispers "Mommy, I love you. To infinity and beyond!"  My day is over and I have a biggest smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment